Competiton rules and terms and conditions
The PPG Golf Masters is run by PPG Architectural Coatings UK Limited (CRN 00436135) whose registered office is at
Huddersfield Road, Birstall, Batley, West Yorkshire, WF17 9XA (PPG)
The PPG Golf Masters Prizes shall be provided by PPG Architectural Coatings UK Limited (CRN 00436135) whose registered office is at
Huddersfield Road, Birstall, Batley, West Yorkshire, WF17 9XA
The Tournament Organiser is XSEM LIMITED (CRN 04654429) whose registered office is at Brown Butler Chartered Accountants, Leigh House, 28-32 St Paul's Street, Leeds, LS1 2JT
1. The PPG Golf Masters will be played in accordance with the rules of golf as laid down by the R&A.
2. The competition will be a Stableford format with the winner qualifying for the final to be played at Valderrama 2019. Please see below for an explanation of Stableford scoring.
3. Distance measuring devices (not slope) are allowed for competitors use.
4. Closing date for RSVP’s is midnight on Friday 24th May 2019.
5. The maximum handicap limit for men is 24, for ladies it is 28. The handicap allowance will be 90% of the competitor’s actual handicap. Lady golfers will play off their own handicap off the ladies card. Although handicap certificates will not be required to play only golfers with a valid handicap certificate are able to qualify for the overseas final. We reserve the right to validate handicaps against any club or society membership. If handicaps given for PPG’s competition are not a true reflection of your current handicap it will be at the discretion of the organiser if you will be disqualified.
6. Players will be notified of the acceptance of their RSVP by email. Players will receive a full itinerary with all joining instructions 2 weeks prior to the event.
7. Regional qualifiers will be played between Friday 14th June 2019 and Thursday 25th July 2019.
8. The Final will be held on Thursday 10th October 2019 at Valderrama. The trip dates are Tuesday 8th – Friday 11th October 2019.
9. In the event that play is not possible on the day of the regional qualifier or The Final, the Tournament Organiser has the right to settle the competition in any way
10. All queries should be sent to the Tournament Organiser by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. All decisions concerning the PPG Golf Masters rest with the Tournament Organiser and their decision in all matters is final.
12. PPG Golf Masters reserve the right to change the regional qualifier or Final venues and closing date of any round at any time without prior notice.
13. ONLY a PPG account holder, or an employee of a PPG account holder can qualify for the Final. If a player plays in a Regional Heat as a guest of a PPG Account holder they may play in the Regional Heat, but will not be eligible for a place in the Final at Valderrama, should they gain the highest score on the day. Players must be aged 18 or over. PPG Architectural Coatings customers must hold a valid, live, open account with sales in the last 12 months on this account, opened prior to January 2019. Customers are only permitted to play in one regional qualifier.
14. Places at the Final in Valderrama are strictly ONLY for the competing player and the place is not transferable, competing players are only permitted to enter and play in one regional heat. If the place is won by an employee of an account holder, PPG will ask for written confirmation from the account holder that the employee does officially work for that business. If this is not the case PPG will re-allocate the prize from the same regional qualifier. The prize does not extend to the players caddies, guests or partners. In the event that the winner cannot attend the final at Valderrama, it will be the decision of the Tournament Organiser and PPG how the place is re-allocated.
15. To qualify to play in the final the qualifying player must still be employed by the same account holder/employee that they worked for at the time of qualification and the final.
16. Qualifying golfers may not be entitled to accept the final prize in Spain should their account be in arrears with PPG Architectural Coatings.
17. There is no cash or other alternative for any prize awarded under the Competition. Prizes are not transferable and no part or parts of the prizes may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
18. The Company reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition in whole or in part and without prior notice or compensation.
19. By submitting an entry, participants will be deemed to have given their consent to appear in publicity material or other promotional activities related to the Competition, which may include the taking of photographs.
20. The Business's details and those of its attendees will be disclosed to our selected third party events agency for the purpose of administering the competition and be a legitimate interest for the personal data processing activities associated with the competition.
21. Regional winners who have qualified for the PPG Masters Final in the two preceding years (2017 or 2018) will not be able to qualify for the final in 2019.
Each player plays against the par of each hole and receives points according to how he scores in relation to par.
The scoring system is as follows:
2 or more over par ‐ 0 points
1 over par ‐ 1 point
Par ‐ 2 points
1 under par ‐ 3 points
2 under par ‐ 4 points
3 under par ‐ 5 points
The score is the nett score for each hole dependent on the player's handicap. The allowance for the PPG Golf Masters is 90% of the player's handicap which is capped at 24 for men and 28 for women. The nett score is calculated by taking strokes at the appropriate hole using the stroke index shown on the card.
Entrants to the PPG Golf Masters (for both regional qualifiers and Valderrama final) are expected to wear appropriate golfing attire whilst on course
and in the clubhouse. The information below is there to act as a guide for what is appropriate golf attire.
The following types of attire are not permitted:
Training shoes – golf shoes must be worn
Track, shell or jump suits, leggings or football/rugby shirts
Jeans or cargo pants with patch pockets or trousers with patch pockets
Sports, cargo or beach shorts, collarless or sleeveless T‐shirts
Trouser bottoms are not to be tucked into socks
Plus‐two or Plus‐four style of trousers with long stockings are acceptable
Tailored shorts with ankle socks which should be predominately white are permissible on the course
Shirts must be tucked inside the waistband
If caps are worn on the course, the peak must be to the front.
Valderrama dress code
Trousers, shoes, collared long sleeve shirt with jacket are required for the clubhouse at Valderrama for the final prize presentation.
Individuals will be responsible for their own conduct. PPG will take no responsibility for situations arising from inappropriate conduct outside
of the organised event itinerary.